Well this will not be the prettiest page yet but it will have lots o’ info. As soon as I get my computer back and maybe after the holidays this will get better.
Sunday Paper Inserts
Each week Sunday papers across the country have inserts that contain a world of wonderful saving opportunities. These coupons can vary by region (Texas inserts may differ a little from the coupons found in Minnesota). Beyond the coupons being different from region each paper has a choice in the insert packages that they can purchase to have in their paper. So papers that have larger syndications tend to have all of the available coupons for that region where those with smaller audiences will purchase packages that do not contain all of the coupons.
- So what is the best paper for coupons for the NorthCentral Region?
- The Sunday Star Tribune does contain all of the available coupons for this region and costs $2.00 per paper. The Star Tribune also has a paper that is available on Saturdays that is called the early Sunday Edition. If The Star Tribune has extra inserts above what they need for the Sunday papers they will put the additional inserts in the Early Sunday Edition and this paper only costs $0.75.
- Both Carla and I purchase 5 Early Sunday Editions each. Until you get your organizing style down and are comfortable with couponing we suggest starting with maybe 2 or 3 papers a week.
- Are the printable coupons safe to print?
- We try very hard to only post links to coupons that are legit and are found either on coupon sites that are known to be safe or directly from the manufacturers web-site. If we find that a coupon is not backed by the manufacturer of a product the link will be pulled from the site immediately.
- Most printable coupons have a limit 2 prints per computer. After you have printed your coupon press the back arrow 2 or 3 times and it should print again. If you are on coupon web-sites you will have to go back to that sites main page and click on the coupons again to get your second print.
- In order for any of your printable coupons to print you will need to download the coupon printer. This is safe and does not take up much room on your computers memory.
- What are PDF coupons?
- PDF coupons are coupons that do not have a limit and you can print and use as many as you want.
- What is coupon fraud?
- Each coupon that you print is numbered. If you photocopy that coupon and use the coupon it is a federal offense and is as serious of an offense as counterfeiting money. We can not stress this enough, PHOTOCOPYING COUPONS IS FRAUD. It is actually easier to track an individual that commits coupon fraud because those numbers that are on those coupons can be traced to the computer that they were printed from.
- Can I print in black and white?
- I do and have never had an issue. Besides having the individual number on the coupon it also has a watermark that will be seen even if you print in black and white but if you try to photocopy the coupon the watermark will not appear on the copy of the coupon. If you run into issues with a cashier that does not want to take a black and white coupon you can point out the watermark.